From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of John Salter
Sent: 26 July 2016 09:45
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: Re: [EP-tech] Seeing unusually high downloads in IRStats

Hi Betsy,
As these requests do not identify themselves as robots in their User-Agent, it's not as simple as adding a new UA to a list.

The user-agent filtering is done by: EPrints::Plugin::Stats::Filter::Robots (~/lib/plugins/EPrints/Plugin/Stats/Filter/Robots.pm)
I think that you should duplicate this to a new filter:
EPrints::Plugin::Stats::Filter::IP

As the list of bad IPs might be quite dynamic, you might want to make the equivalent of the @ROBOTS into a config variable?

As to the question about applying the new filters to the current dataset, I think you can re-process all the stats - but this may take some time on a busy/established system!