Welcome to EdShare, a powerful digital repository that allows universities and educators to share and preserve teaching and learning resources.
EdShare is a secure, easy-to-use, and feature-rich platform that can help you to improve the quality of your teaching and learning and easily share with your students, other educators or anyone who could benefit from access to your materials. Whether for your school, project, collaborative network, institution or organisation and whether you intended to share your resources locally, regionally or world-wide, EdShare can be customised to meet your needs. EdShare allows you to host, organise, share and collaborate on teaching and learning resources in one place.
Benefits of Using EdShare
- Improved quality: EdShare can help to improve the quality of teaching and learning by providing a central repository for resources. This makes it easier for staff and students to find and use the resources they need, and it also helps to ensure that resources are up-to-date and accurate.
- Collaboration: Work together with two or more other users in EdShare by sharing editing rights to produce new and more exciting learning materials together.
- Enhanced student engagement: EdShare can help to enhance student engagement by providing them with access to a wide range of resources. This can help students to learn more effectively and to develop a deeper understanding of the material.
- Reduced costs: EdShare can help to reduce costs by providing a central repository for resources providing the opportunity for re-use and reducing duplication of effort taking place across schools or faculties. This can also save institutions and students money on printing, photocopying, and other costs associated with the distribution of resources.
Features of EdShare
- User-friendly interface: EdShare has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to upload, find and use resources.
- Open metadata: EdShare is built on the open source software EPrints, and offers underlying metadata as openly available to all, meaning the existence of and data describing your educational resources will be available to discover.
- Secure environment: EdShare is a secure environment that protects the privacy of users. Users can control the visibility of their shared materials and the profile page.
- Media first display: pages will wherever possible provide a media first priority focused on the user experience. In-line previews of videos, podcasts, documents, presentations will be provided to avoid the need to download first.
- Community: Extended profile feature to promote the presence of contributors and their materials and aid networking
- Comprehensive search engine and discovery: EdShare has a comprehensive search engine that makes it easy to find the resources you need. Collections and Tagging available to organise and display groups of resources in different ways to support the user experience
- A variety of usage data: EdShare can provide a variety of dashboard style reports that provide insights into how your resources are being used.
Want to know more?
Please get in touch today if you are interested in seeing how EdShare can help you improve the sharing and re-use of teaching and learning resources.
EdShare is managed by EPrints Services in the Electronics & Computer Science School at the University of Southampton.