[EP-tech] Manage data sets with EPrints

Regarding EPrints, I'm just lurking here.  Since managing datasets for
active use as well as archival is also beginning to be of interest for
my context, I wonder, if anyone here is either already using or
planning to use EPrints in tandem with a data sharing platfrom such as
"Dat" ([1,2]) or something similar?  We are using a Fedora Commons
based application, but the problem is more or less the same.  Using
EPrints/Fedora for metadata and Dat for the actual data could make
sense...

[1] http://dat-data.com
[2] https://github.com/datproject/dat

regards, Gerhard Gonter