Re: [EP-tech] Is EPrints 3.4 and beyond open source software?

I compared tar.gz with supposed version 3.4 and it's not full installable version like code on github is. It's missing default config, and bunch of plugins and brings just one additional feature which seems to implement different plugins or templates for part of url on same repository.

My assumption is that this .tar.gz is created from installed eprints version and not from source code repository.

Having said that, I don't really understand how code can be under LGPLv3 and have non-distribution attached to it. If I did, I could push it to github, so you can have a look yourself.