[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EP-tech] Tim Miles-Board
- Subject: [EP-tech] Tim Miles-Board
- From: a.gray at gold.ac.uk (Andrew Gray)
- Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 13:26:18 +0000
- In-reply-to: <EMEW3|92432b2eedd34a3ae4b14b9964a67ef2y5PCVO14eprints-tech-bounces|ecs.soton.ac.uk|CAHpQg=fxGGO2AAe70hbHQT8qdiV4HL3pu3iUijrTSCVFyCEkeQ@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CAHpQg=fxGGO2AAe70hbHQT8qdiV4HL3pu3iUijrTSCVFyCEkeQ@mail.gmail.com>, <EMEW3|92432b2eedd34a3ae4b14b9964a67ef2y5PCVO14eprints-tech-bounces|ecs.soton.ac.uk|CAHpQg=fxGGO2AAe70hbHQT8qdiV4HL3pu3iUijrTSCVFyCEkeQ@mail.gmail.com>
This is such sad sad news. I had the great pleasure to work with Tim on the Kultur project and came to the world of eprints and repositories completely green, Tim guided us patiently, never made us feel stupid and always worked to a solution. In addition Tim was a lovely guy to work with, wry with an eternal twinkle in his eye. Condolences to his family on such a loss.
Academic Services Librarian
Goldsmiths, University of London
New Cross, London, SE14 6NW
+44 (0)207 919 7161
a.gray at gold.ac.uk<mailto:marion.harris at gold.ac.uk>
Not in GRO<http://research.gold.ac.uk/> not in REF:
Read the new HEFCE Open Access policy<http://research.gold.ac.uk/18463/1/HEFCE1April-basics-FAQs.pdf>
From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk <eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk> on behalf of S?bastien Fran?ois <mrsebfrancois at gmail.com>
Sent: 26 June 2017 12:30
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Tim Miles-Board
I am sorry to inform you that Tim passed away yesterday morning. He had been very sick and fought bravely, with optimism, until the end.
For over 10 years, Tim had made huge contributions to EPrints and open access and it's fair to say that they wouldn't be quite the same without him. He was an inspiration and influence to many of us.
I invite you all to raise a glass in his memory,
ps - please contact me directly if you would like to pass on messages to his family
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...