Re: [EP-tech] Is EPrints 3.4 and beyond open source software?

Ah - yes..... their [Eprint/Southampton] problem is developer time: 10 years ago, Southampton had a dozen people working on the code.

Now the money for these projects has dried up, and the research money has moved elsewhere.... there's not the developer time to do big re-writes.... *THAT* is why 3.4 is so slow