[EP-tech] Re: EPrints ACL's status (EPACL or alternatives)

On 24/06/2015 06:51 ??, John Salter wrote:
> Hi George,
Hi John!!
> One of the options we've looked at is an ACL group that refers to itself (not sure if that makes any sense outside of my head!).
AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Excellent comment!!! And, yes, through my
eyes (and my context), it only makes sense inside your head!! :):) Had I
more information about your ACL design, maybe I would have gotten it.
> This means you can restrict access to a person with matching metadata to a record (in this situation, person->collection = eprint->collection) - so I think it might work!
OK, without understanding the details, at least you sound optimistic! :)

> It might be worth mentioning that there's a Bazaar package that might be useful - it allows you to define a collection of EPrints, but also to use that collection as a template for new items added to it. You could  set up a collection with specific ACL rules applied - and anything added to that collection would inherit them.
> The only problem is that I can?t remember which Bazaar package it is - possibly 'Shelves': http://bazaar.eprints.org/258/ or 'Collections': http://bazaar.eprints.org/226/
>   - maybe someone on here has more knowledge of these?
I've installed the Collections package, but haven't played with it
(didn't find documentation after one minute of search...:)). I'll give
it a shot.

Anyhow, if you have any documentation regarding ACLs esoterica that you
would like to share, or/and if you would like a helping hand I'd be very
glad to help. As I said before, my perl skills are limited. Apart form
that, though, I have written hundreds of thousands loc in other
languages, so I'll adopt easily :).
> Cheers,
> John
>
> PS That's one of my pages - glad someone read it :o)
So, this means you're not using the aforementioned plugins either :):).

Thanks a lot again!

George.

--
George Mamalakis