[EP-tech] Re: Bulk export/import

Ian and Andrew,

I think that one can import/export specific entries -if I'm not mistaken-, but I'm not exactly sure about the syntax. If it allows for ranges, the 100.000 entries problem may be addressed by just splitting the export/import process to more than one export/import operations. I have used this syntax to select specific eprints, but my syntax was something like the following:

./bin/export archid archive XML 114 115 116 117 > /tmp/export1

which would seem very peculiar if it would have to be used for thousands of records (I assume args would overflow!:)). Nonetheless, on the worst case where ranges are not allowed, the former syntax could be used successfully within a very carefully written script.