[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EP-tech] Re: Problem with the style sheet zzz_local.css
- Subject: [EP-tech] Re: Problem with the style sheet zzz_local.css
- From: Matthew.Brady at usq.edu.au (Matthew Brady)
- Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 22:59:24 +0000
- In-reply-to: <EMEW3|460cb7e372a83cbc32705ea8e3f675ear5LIWR14eprints-tech-bounces|ecs.soton.ac.uk|CAHwOVvQ8t5Xcw2hHYe5PVPmW9aty-d+49PdfP=sbUACqDCTtqQ@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CAHwOVvQ8t5Xcw2hHYe5PVPmW9aty-d+49PdfP=sbUACqDCTtqQ@mail.gmail.com> <EMEW3|460cb7e372a83cbc32705ea8e3f675ear5LIWR14eprints-tech-bounces|ecs.soton.ac.uk|CAHwOVvQ8t5Xcw2hHYe5PVPmW9aty-d+49PdfP=sbUACqDCTtqQ@mail.gmail.com>
More than likely, your browser has cached the all in one output css file (auto-3.3.10.css) that gets sent out by the ePrints server, and your changes haven?t been picked up as the filename of that css file hasn?t changed.
We ran across the same thing, and a force reload of all content fixed it.
In the longer term, we implemented a versioning fix, that alters the filename in the template,
e.g the default eprints install pumps out something similar to this in the html content
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/style/auto-3.3.10.css" />
Our fixed template, now pushes out
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/style/auto-3.3.10.css?v=10.25b" />
This allows us to force all browsers to load the updated file, even though the filename itself doesn?t change.
From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Edwin Gamez
Sent: Tuesday, 23 June 2015 3:32 AM
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Problem with the style sheet zzz_local.css
I'm changing the css style in my eprints repository using the file in /eprints/archive_id/cfg/static/style/auto/zzz_local.css , but when i saved the changes, nothing happens.
How can i resolve this?
This email (including any attached files) is confidential and is for the intended recipient(s) only. If you received this email by mistake, please, as a courtesy, tell the sender, then delete this email.
The views and opinions are the originator's and do not necessarily reflect those of the University of Southern Queensland. Although all reasonable precautions were taken to ensure that this email contained no viruses at the time it was sent we accept no liability for any losses arising from its receipt.
The University of Southern Queensland is a registered provider of education with the Australian Government.
(CRICOS Institution Code QLD 00244B / NSW 02225M, TEQSA PRV12081 )
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...