[EP-tech] Re: Edit 'Latest Additions' page

Hi Mike,

The code that is called is ~/cgi/latest

Instead of editing the copy there, make a copy:

~/archives/ARCHIVEID/cgi/latest

Look for the line:

my $date = time() - 86400 * 7; # 7 days

you can change that to suit.

You’ll also need to change the line that starts:

for( my $d=0; $d<7; ++$d )

- which steps through the number of days and creates a section for each one.

There is also the ~/cgi/latest_tool script.

This reads the ‘latest_tool_modes’ from the archive config, which my default is in ~/archives/ARCHIVEID/cfg/cfg.d/latest_tool.pl

You can do some useful things with this – as it allows you to specify a specific citation style to use, and to create a named mode that can be a filtered subset of items – e.g. you could create a subject- or division-specific ‘latest’ list – and create a citation style that embeds Altmetrics in it.