From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Gilles Fourni?
Sent: Monday, 22 December 2014 18:24
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Re: problem with DB query for view

Sorry..
I have not been clear.

The wiki shows allow_null under "menus ".
Yours is outside.
I don't know if it could make a difference or not...

Regards

Le 22 d?cembre 2014 08:47:48 UTC+01:00, Gilles FOURNIE <gilles.fournie at cirad.fr> a ?crit :

HI,

Did you try adding "allow_null => 0" to your view ?

I'm not sure which is the default value :
http://wiki.eprints.org/w/Views.pl#Menu_options

Regards,
GF

  _____

Hi folks,

We have two multiple compound fields: ?creators? and ?editors?, with subfields:

?         name (type=name)

?         id (type=text)

?         ? etc.

The ids are sparsely assigned (used to identify contributors associated with our institution.)

We also have a view ?person?, with a single menu:

       allow_null => 0,
       menus => [{

              fields => [ "creators_id", "editors_id" ],

              new_column_at => [1, 1],

              mode => "sections",

              open_first_section => 1,

              group_range_function => "EPrints::Update::Views::cluster_ranges_30",

              grouping_function => "EPrints::Update::Views::group_by_a_to_z",

       }],

The problem is that, since upgrading from 3.2 to 3.3, the view includes a subset of those creators/editors who don?t have an id.

I tracked through the code and found that it?s generating the correct UNION statement (effectively: select from eprint_creators_id where creators_id!='' UNION select from eprint_editors_id where editors_id!=''), however for each field it?s then wrapping the union in a distinctby (select creators_id from (UNION); select editors_id from (UNION)). Of course, the union returns everything with either a creators_id or an editors_id, so both of those distinctby queries includes some null ids. Thus, the first section in the view menu is ??? with a link to the user ?NULL.html? who has several thousand EPrints.

This is a bug, but I?m not quite sure how to turn it into a bug report on github. In the meantime, has anybody else come across this sort of issue? Are there any known fixes or workarounds?  I have a potential hack ready to get us by, but I?d prefer something a bit less klugey.

Cheers

--

Matthew Kerwin  |  Senior Web Developer  |   <https://wiki.qut.edu.au/display/lib/Digital+Repository+Team> Applications & Development Team  |  Library eServices  |  Queensland University of Technology  |  Level 3, R Block, Kelvin Grove  |   <mailto:matthew.kerwin at qut.edu.au> matthew.kerwin at qut.edu.au  |  CRICOS No 00213J

Envoy? de mon t?l?phone Android avec K-9 Mail. Excusez la bri?vet?.