Universit?t Z?rich
Winterthurerstr. 190
CH-8057 Z?rich

mail:  jens.vieler at id.uzh.ch
phone: +41 44 63 56777
http://www.id.uzh.ch

Von:	"Field A.N." <af05v at ecs.soton.ac.uk>
An:	eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Datum:	19.12.2014 11:49
Betreff:	[EP-tech] Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Antwort: Re:
            Bazzar Plugin: Shelves - it works! :-)
Gesendet von:	eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk

Hi Jens

		 Most of these problems seem to have been caused by files not
being copied into the correct directories.  You should probably verify that
whatever user apache is running EPrints as has write access to the EPrints
tree.

--
Adam Field
Business Relationship and Community Manager

On 19 Dec 2014, at 09:00, jens.vieler at id.uzh.ch wrote:

> Dear Tommy, Peter and all who helped with Shelves,
>
> thank you for your effort. Finally it works :-)
>
> We could not use shelves via Bazzars 'Plug & Play'. Obviously in some
cases it doesn't install and work out of the box (like other Bazaar-Plugins
which don not copy all the files to the right place) and this was confirmed
by 4 other repo-Admins via Mail/Lists but most of them give up at an early
stage. Ufff...! So here are our experiences:

> - cgi: rules/rights have to be checked and added for exportshelf, shelf,
shelves (subdir)
> - phrases (I):
cp ./lib/epm/shelves/cfg/lang/en/phrases/shelves_override.xml ./archives/zora/cfg/lang/en|
de|(...)/phrases
> - phrases (II): cp shelves.xml ./archives/zora/cfg/lang/en|de|
(...)/phrases
> - images: add/remove items of the search-list have to be copied by hand
from ./lib/epm/shelves/cfg/static/style/images to ./lib/static/style/images
> - citations: Last but not least (not very propper i think), we had to add
a fourth <td> for each row of the search-result table, because javascript
want's to insert a toggle button add/remove item to handle eprint <->
shelf, Again - out of the box there is no place to hook in. So we added
these lines to ./archives/<repo>/cfg/citations/eprint/result.xml

>             <shelfitem eprintid="{eprintid}"></shelfitem>
>

> I think, there is another JS-Error, because CSS-toggeling for
>
> a#shelf_link_add_all, a#shelf_link_add_page {
>         display: none;
> }
>
> to add all search-results to shelf doesn't work, but i am tired of
debuging 1400 lines of JS-Code; i changed the style ;-)

> Hope it helps anybody.
> Cheers
>  Jens
>

> --
> Jens Vieler
> Informatikdienste
> Universit?t Z?rich
> Winterthurerstr. 190
> CH-8057 Z?rich
>
> mail:  jens.vieler at id.uzh.ch
> phone: +41 44 63 56777
> http://www.id.uzh.ch
>
> <graycol.gif>Tommy Ingulfsen ---18.12.2014 15:13:41---Wow. It sounds like
your CGI setup is working nicely. I'm not sure what your CSS issue is
about, but

> Von:		 Tommy Ingulfsen <tommy at library.caltech.edu>
> An:		 "eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk" <eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk>
> Datum:		 18.12.2014 15:13
> Betreff:		 [EP-tech] Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Antwort: Re: Bazzar
Plugin: Shelves
> Gesendet von:		 eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk
>

> Wow. It sounds like your CGI setup is working nicely. I'm not sure what
your CSS issue is about, but be aware that you can customize the CSS to
remove or add rules pretty much as you wish.

> My best idea is still that there is a JavaScript issue, or perhaps a CSS
problem somewhere. In my HTML source, I think it is the tag <shelfitem>
that is manipulated by JavaScript and CSS to show the add and remove tags.
I guess I'd start looking there.

[eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] on behalf of jens.vieler at id.uzh.ch
[jens.vieler at id.uzh.ch]
> Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 5:15 AM
> To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
> Subject: [EP-tech] Antwort: Re: Antwort: Antwort: Re: Bazzar Plugin:
Shelves

> Dear Tommy,
>
> thanks a lot. Yes, i'll confirm that i do not get the 'add' button.
>
> We found out, that lang/en/phrases/shelves_override.xml was not installed
in the right dircetory through install-process. We had to copy it by hand
in the archives

> ~/archives/<repoid>/cfg/lang/en/phrases/shelves_override.xml
>
> After fixing this, search-output shows the 'select shelf' and the 3rd
(view shelf) and 4th (clear shelf) functional link. The first two links on
top ('add alll results' and 'add page results') are not shown by CSS-Rules
(!?) as we can force it to show in the browser by deleting all css via
webinspector.

> We're also missing 'add' or 'remove' button for each searchlist-item. See
screenshot...mysterious. :-(

> (See attached file: shelves.jpg)
>

> To answer your quastion:
http://www.zoratest.uzh.ch//cgi/shelves/init?t=96985 returns a
{"shelfid":"1"}

> httpd acces-log says:
>
> 130.60.114.60 - - [17/Dec/2014:14:04:25 +0100]
"GET //cgi/shelves/init?t=96985 HTTP/1.1" 200 15 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows
NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:34.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/34.0"

> Any hints would be helpful :-)
>
> Cheers
> Jens
>
> <graycol.gif>Tommy Ingulfsen ---12.12.2014 03:02:28---I'm very sorry this
conversation is moving forwards rather slowly. I got tied down with work...
If y

> Von: Tommy Ingulfsen <tommy at library.caltech.edu>
> An: "eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk" <eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk>
> Datum: 12.12.2014 03:02
> Betreff: [EP-tech] Re: Antwort:   Antwort:  Re: Bazzar Plugin: Shelves
> Gesendet von: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk
>

> I'm very sorry this conversation is moving forwards rather slowly. I got
tied down with work...

> If you still have this problem, can you confirm that when you search your
repository, you don't get the 'add' button after each search results? And
no indication that you have selected a shelf or anything asking you to
select a shelf?

> If this is the case, but you can manage the shelves as admin, I suspect
there is a JavaScript issue somewhere. Could you check that

> http://<myserver>/cgi/shelves/init?t=<anyeprintdid>
>
> returns something other than 403?
>
> Your EPRINTS/archives/<archivename>/html/en/javascript/auto.js file holds
the UI code for interacting with the shelves. auto.js is generated from a
bunch of files, including EPRINTS/lib/static/javascript/auto/shelves.js if
I am not mistaken.

> Anyway, I would start by debugging the functions showAvailableShelves()
and refreshActionLinksI() within the class EPJS_Shelves_Search. I think
refreshActionLinks() is responsible for setting up the buttons that you use
to add and remove items from the selected shelf. Chrome has nice
functionality for debugging like this. You can also use Firefox with the
Firebug plugin.

> tommy

http://<myserver>/cgi/shelves/show_all_with_eprint?eprintid=<anyeprintdid>
is returning

> {"shelves":[{"title":"JV","id":"1","is_eprint":"0"}]}
>
> which is my first test-shelf. So all in all i think it's no cgi-config
problem, cause this works!? :-\

> Jens
>
> <graycol.gif>jens.vieler---08.12.2014 11:36:00---Dear Tommy, thank you.
>
> Von: jens.vieler at id.uzh.ch
> An: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
> Datum: 08.12.2014 11:36
> Betreff: [EP-tech]  Antwort:  Re: Bazzar Plugin: Shelves
> Gesendet von: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk
>

> Dear Tommy,
>
> thank you.
>
> We already have a "Options +ExecCGI " in the <Location ""> directive,
thinking  eprints/cfg/apache.conf, which is used by httpd is doing the same
(don`t have is no EPrints/archives/<archivename>/var/auto-apache.conf).
> I really cant`t figure it out because there is no error-message at
all... :-(

> Jens
>

> --
> Jens Vieler
> Informatikdienste
> Universit?t Z?rich
> Winterthurerstr. 190
> CH-8057 Z?rich
>
> mail:  jens.vieler at id.uzh.ch
> phone: +41 44 63 56777
> http://www.id.uzh.ch
>
> <graycol.gif>Tommy Ingulfsen ---05.12.2014 03:27:52---Hi Jens I too had
some issues installing the Shelves plugin, but eventually got it to work.
I'm not

> Von: Tommy Ingulfsen <tommy at library.caltech.edu>
> An: "eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk" <eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk>
> Datum: 05.12.2014 03:27
> Betreff: [EP-tech] Re: Bazzar Plugin: Shelves
> Gesendet von: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk
>

> Hi Jens
>
> I too had some issues installing the Shelves plugin, but eventually got
it to work. I'm not sure, but I think I had a similar problem to you. After
some painful debugging, it turned out that a CGI script was not being
executed because the Apache config did not allow it to do so. When I added
"Options ExecCGI" under the <Location ""> directive within
EPrints/archives/<archivename>/var/auto-apache.conf the offending CGI
script started working and the problem was resolved.

[eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] on behalf of Ajunk Pracetio
[prazetyo at gmail.com]
> Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2014 4:43 PM
> To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
> Subject: [EP-tech] Re: Bazzar Plugin: Shelves
>
> I will waiting your IRStats documentation Adam.
>
> On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 10:14 PM, Field A.N. <af05v at ecs.soton.ac.uk>
wrote:
> I have looked around and cannot find any documentation on this.  Is there
anyone in that can write some for Jens?  I am planning to write some
IRStats II documentation on Friday, but can come back to this if no-one
else is able to.

> If a volunteer can get in contact with me, I can make sure they have
access to the wiki.

> --
> Adam
>
> On 3 Dec 2014, at 14:51, jens.vieler at id.uzh.ch wrote:
>
> > Dear Collegues,
> >
> > we want to add the shelves-plugin from the eprints bazzar to our
repository but unfortunately it doesn`t work.

> > After installing the package, we could see the admin-tool while logged
in, generate a new shelf, manage
> > it within admin-view, BUT there is no "Add to shelf"-Button - nor in
the search, the workflow ...nowhere.

> > I see it working on http://eprints.soton.ac.uk, on the other hand i
found 3 guys who failed through installation/config... so my quastion ist: