[EP-tech] large file upload failing

A quick update on this issue,  it looks like this is an issue caused by a local network configuration effecting some workstations on campus at our university, not EPrints or Apache or Ubuntu.

Tomasz

From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk <eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk> on behalf of Tomasz Neugebauer via Eprints-tech <eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2019 4:58 PM
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] large file upload failing

After an OS upgrade to Ubuntu 18, I have just discovered that uploading of larger files fails.  It begins well, and continues to upload for about 50 seconds, but the progress bar stops after that, after about 400 MB gets uploaded.  There is no error message, the XHR messages for the progress bar keep being sent, but the amount of data received stops, as does the progress.  Apache doesn't give any error, except that after about 5 minutes, it throws this:
Apache2::RequestIO::read: (70007) The timeout specified has expired at /usr/local/share/perl/5.26.1/CGI.pm line 1116
This was working fine before the upgrade of our OS (from Ubuntu 12 to 18).
The max file limit in our javascript is set to 2 GB.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be causing this issue?
Thanks!

Tomasz