[EP-tech] Files Disappearing - EPrints/Elements

Hi All,

I have a problem- Files appear to be vanishing from EPrints.

They usually come in from Elements and there are no problems. I noticed today I was getting :

"Error in file retrieval: failed to get file contents"

Checking on the server both the file and folder were not where they should be for the item.

I've since noticed this on several more by trawling through the Apache error logs.

There is a common thread through them all so far; they all belong to an Elements item that has had a file deleted and then another file with the exact same name being uploaded very shortly after.

Has anybody experienced something like this before? I have a suspicion that there is some sort of post-processing scripts that run to remove deleted files and the new files are being removed... Maybe.

Any help will be greatly appreciated (I'm also going to speak with the Elements people too).

Thanks,
James