Re: [EP-tech] Phrases, Pins and If

Ah you're embedding XML inside XML. don't do that.

Inside test attributes, use the epscript syntax https://wiki.eprints.org/w/EPScript#not_equals

However you can't put <if> logic inside phrase files. Logic goes in citation files which use phrase files. The intention is that the phrase file is just the words (and gaps) that can be translated into other languages.

In this case you have two choices, either do it in perl, or make a citation file. If you're doing it as a package to share with others then absolutely make the mail a citation file, passing all relevant values in. However, if it's a local setup for just you, do it in Perl, it's less work.