From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk <eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk> on behalf of Monica Wood <monica.wood@utas.edu.au>
Sent: 09 January 2018 01:29
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: Re: [EP-tech] Refresh Abstracts removing Boxes from Summary Page

Update on this issue.

I compared the index.html in /html/en/archive/…. Of a single record, both with one that was generated using bin/generate_abstracts and one using bin/epadmin refresh_abstracts.

I noticed the one using generate_abstracts defined the http_root and http_cgiroot as http, while the refresh_abstracts was https.

So I figured that generate_abstracts was run locally, so it wasn’t forced through https, while refresh_abstracts was.

It had to be something that the Screen::EPrint::Box didn’t like about being generated through https.

Well the issue isn’t with Screen::Eprint::Box per say, it was the implementations of Irstats and Altmetrics using this plugin  (lib/plugins/EPrints/Plugin/Screen/Eprint/Box/[Altmetric.pm|Irstats.pm]).

Both in their can_be_viewed subs have the line:

return 0 if $self->{session}->get_secure;

So it just simply won’t show the box on a page generated through https.

I have commented this line out and it’s now showing on pages generated through refresh_abstracts.

I guess my question now is, what is the importance of this line and what am I breaking by commenting it out? :/

Thanks everyone

Monica

University of Tasmania

https://eprints.utas.edu.au/