From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk <eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk> on behalf of John Salter <J.Salter at leeds.ac.uk>
Sent: 12 May 2016 15:40
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: Re: [EP-tech] validate_eprint not being called

I think I have noticed that - but under 3.3.10
I allude to it here: https://github.com/eprints/eprints/issues/132 - but when I implemented a 'faculty maximum embargo' for our Etheses repository, I had to make a local version of the EPrints::Plugin::Screen::EPrint::Deposit plugin - and call the validate method in there:
sub render
{
        my( $self ) = @_;

        my $problems = $self->{processor}->{eprint}->validate( $self->{processor}->{for_archive}, $self->workflow_id );
        if( scalar @{$problems} > 0 )
        {
                my $dom_problems = $self->{session}->make_element( "ul" );
                foreach my $problem_xhtml ( @{$problems} )
                {
                        my $li = $self->{session}->make_element( "li" );
                        $li->appendChild( $problem_xhtml );
                        $dom_problems->appendChild( $li );
                }
                $self->workflow->link_problem_xhtml( $dom_problems, "EPrint::Edit" );
                $self->{processor}->add_message( "warning", $dom_problems );
        }

Does that sound anything like what you're seeing??