Re: [EP-tech] Primary key on [dataset]__index tables

Hi Tomasz,

I’m glad I’m not the only one :o)

I think that the following SQL will test that you’ve got no duplicates in the table:

mysql> SELECT fieldword, pos, COUNT(*) c FROM eprint__index GROUP BY fieldword, pos HAVING c > 1;

If that results in an empty set, you might be in a good position to define the PK…

mysql> ALTER TABLE eprint__index ADD PRIMARY KEY(fieldword, pos);

**WARNING: I haven’t done this yet** I’m still investigating!

I haven’t started investigating the character set issue (anyone fancy taking a look at this?).