[EP-tech] Re: EPrints themes + themes for people with disabilities

Hello George,

If you're looking to build a responsive repository, Bootstrap will fit your needs and will allow you to optimise your repository for different platforms (desktop, tablet, mobile). You can use the documentation available at http://getbootstrap.com/components/ to build responsive elements and to make adjustments to the code and files generated Bootstrap plugin.

If you're looking for help with accessibility, I would recommend that you use WAVE (http://wave.webaim.org/), a free tool that will identify accessibility errors. You can use WAVE for every page and view, including citation summary pages. There are also a number of other tools you can use - you can find a comprehensive list at http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tools/.

Another idea ... you can also add Accessibility Developer Tools to Google Chrome by downloading the add-on at https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/accessibility-developer-t/fpkknkljclfencbdbgkenhalefipecmb. This will allow you to conduct in-browser accessibility checks.

Hope this helps! :-)

Cheers,

Andrew

--
Andrew Hercules
Developer

The University of London is an exempt charity in England and Wales. We are committed to achieving a 20% cut in emissions from University buildings by 2015. Please think before you print.