From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of George Mamalakis
Sent: 18 November 2015 09:22
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Re: How to create a private archive ?

Hi Gilles,

I think that if you played with cfg.d/user_roles.pl you'd accomplish
want you want. I think that if you removed any read privileges from the
default role (I'm not sure which one it is, but it could be
$c->{public_roles} or probably $c->{user_roles}->{minuser}), or even if
you removed this role (minuser) totally from the archive it maybe could
do the job. But I tried it in one of my repos, and it didn't work, so
maybe I'm doing something wrong. Maybe it would be wiser if I removed
some privileges from these roles instead of removing the roles totally.

Maybe another approach would be to alter cfg/templates/default.xml to
conditionally allow to view items (which would allow access to
hand-coded urls to views, which you wouldn't disire), or to change views
and searches to return results only on authenticated users (somehow).

I know I didn't help enough, but I'm trying to give you some ideas where
to start from.

Good luck!

On 16/11/2015 06:52 μμ, Gilles Fournié wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We would like to use EPrints to manage a database of items not related
> to publications nor documents.
>
> For practical reasons, we would like to install this eprints
> pseudo-archive on the same server used for our open archive repository.
> So, it would be accessible from internet.
>
> But we need to control access (even for reading) to our employees only.
>
> I have found no way to prevent visitors to access views or even to view
> eprints.
> I hoped that overriding EPrints::Repository::allow_anybody to make it
> always return 0 would work, but it doesn't.
>
> Any advices or suggestions on how to make this "close archive" would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Best regards,
> Gilles

George Mamalakis