[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EP-tech] Wednesday 18th November is EPrints Community Contributions Day
- Subject: [EP-tech] Wednesday 18th November is EPrints Community Contributions Day
- From: af05v at ecs.soton.ac.uk (Adam Field)
- Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 15:04:17 +0000
Wiki Page: http://wiki.eprints.org/w/Community_Contributions_Day_November_2015 <http://wiki.eprints.org/w/Community_Contributions_Day_November_2015>
This is an online event for anybody interested in EPrints who wants to make a contribution - be it through coding, writing documentation, developing training resources, making resources easier to find, sharing ideas or in any other ways you might come up with.
It's a day for doing useful, practical stuff.
At the start of the day, groups will agree how they are going to work and what they want to produce. Groups will report back on progress and outputs at the end of the day. What happens in-between depends on you.
If you will be contributing, please do the following ASAP:
1. Register for the EPrints wiki at https://trac.eprints.org/ldap/ <https://trac.eprints.org/ldap/>
2. Add your name to an Interest Group - or, if you want to, add your own Interest Group on the Wiki page (address above)
3. If you're willing to lead an Interest Group, put this is brackets after your name
Each interest group will need to coordinate on the day. We're considering using Google hangouts for this, but different platforms may be appropriate for different interest groups. If there's anyone with strong opinions or experience in this area, then a discussion on this week would be useful. Please either respond to this post publicly or get in contact with Adam Field ( af05v at ecs.soton.ac.uk <mailto:af05v at ecs.soton.ac.uk> ).
The draft structure is below. If you can't set aside the whole day, it's fine to drop in and out. If more than one interest group takes your fancy, feel free to contribute to more than one.
* 10:00 - 11:00 Interest groups meet (google hangout?), make decisions and assign tasks
o What problem are we solving?
o How will we work?
o Who will do what?
* 11:00 - 13:00 Morning Contributions
* 14:00 - 16:00 Afternoon Contributions
* 16:00 - 16:30 Interest groups wrap-up and reporting.
We look forward to an exciting day of activity next week.
Adam, Rachel and Valerie, event coordinators.
Business Relationship Manager and Community Lead
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...