[EP-tech] Best way to import local (or remote) files through EPrints' XML file

Hi everybody!

I'm very close to finishing my EPrints configuration + migration from DSpace. The main thing that remains to be done, is the data migration part.

I've written a python script that generates an EPrints XML file based on a DSpace csv file, that I'll upload to EPrints Wiki when it'll be done.

In order to complete it, I need to add the file, and I am not aware as to what syntax I should use. I have a local folder whose subfolders contain all DSPace files, where each subfolder name is the record id. Therefore, my folder structure is somewhat like this:

/home/data/dspace/{record_id}

where {record_id} is the DSpace id of the specific record. What are the minimum XML attributes that have to be added in my XML file in order for EPrints to import the files? And how would an example XML entry look like based on our example folder structure?

Thanks all in advance!

--
George Mamalakis

IT and Security Officer,