[EP-tech] Re: Best way to import local (or remote) files through EPrints' XML file

Hi,
I hoped you'd look at the example first - and see that the documents/document bit was needed too. Sorry, I should have made that more clear.

I'm not sure what the Metafield/Id is complaining about.

>From memory, the $format bit is looking for a mime_type element - which is then split in a slash to get from 'image/jpeg' to
$major='image',
$minor = 'jpeg'

There is
>bin/epadmin redo_mime_types
that may be useful - but won't stop those warnings.

Hope that helps a bit more!

-----Original Message-----
From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of George Mamalakis
Sent: 22 September 2015 15:52
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Re: Best way to import local (or remote) files through EPrints' XML file

Hi again, John,

It almost worked. The file was imported OK (I could see that through a
consequent export), but it was absent from the deposit menu (view or
edit). I uploaded a file from the menu, and from the export file the
difference was that the uploaded file was within
(without any contents), the file was imported as expected, but I
received some warnings:

Starting EPrints Repository.
Connecting to DB ... done.
Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at
/usr/share/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/MetaField/Id.pm line 50.
Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at
/usr/share/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/MetaField/Id.pm line 50.
Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at
/usr/share/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/MetaField/Id.pm line 50.
Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at
/usr/share/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/MetaField/Id.pm line 50.
Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at
/usr/share/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/MetaField/Id.pm line 50.
Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at
/usr/share/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/MetaField/Id.pm line 50.
Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at
/usr/share/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/MetaField/Id.pm line 50.
Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at
/usr/share/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/MetaField/Id.pm line 50.
Use of uninitialized value $format in split at
/usr/share/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/DataObj/Document.pm line 1684.
Use of uninitialized value $major in concatenation (.) or string at
/usr/share/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/DataObj/Document.pm line 1689.
[...]
Number of records imported: 1
267
Ending EPrints Repository.

The first warnings are always shown in my installation; the Document.pm
part is new. As it seems, some values are not initialised correctly.
Nonetheless, the import works, and when I visit the edit page, the
missing fields are indicated. So the next thing I'll do is to infer
their contents from their DSpace counterparts.

Thanks again, when I manage to import it without a warning, I'll mark
the thread as [SOLVED]. But I'll continue with my trials tomorrow.

Have a nice evening everyone!

George.

--
George Mamalakis