[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EP-tech] OR2015 developer track : Submission Deadline Friday 13th March
- Subject: [EP-tech] OR2015 developer track : Submission Deadline Friday 13th March
- From: af05v at ecs.soton.ac.uk (Adam Field)
- Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 21:05:45 +0000
--- Apologies for cross posting ---
JUST ONE WEEK LEFT TO SUBMIT YOUR IDEAS
Open Repositories 2015 DEVELOPER TRACK
June 8-11, 2015, Indianapolis, Indiana, http://www.or2015.net
*** Deadline 13th March 2015 ***
Cool Tools, Daring Demos and Fab Features
The OR2015 developer track presents an opportunity to share the latest developments across the technical community. We will be running informal sessions of presentations and demonstrations showcasing community expertise and progress:
- What cool development tools, frameworks, languages and technologies could you not get on without?
- Is there a particular technique or process that you find apt for solving particular day-to-day repository problems? Demonstrate it to the community. Extra credit for command-line shenanigans and live debugging.
- What new features (however small) have you added to your organisation?s repository? What technologies were used and how did you arrive at your solution?
Presentations will be flexibly timed (5 to 20 minutes). Live demos, code repositories, ssh, hacking and audience participation are encouraged.
Submissions should take the form of a title and short paragraph detailing what will be shared with the community (including the specific platform and/or technologies you will be showcasing). Please also give an estimate of the duration of your demonstration.
Submit your proposal here: https://www.conftool.com/or2015/ by March 13, 2015
** Ideas Challenge **
The Developer Challenge this year has been replaced by the more inclusive IDEAS CHALLENGE. We would like to encourage teams to form before and during the conference to propose an innovative solution to a real-world problem that repository users currently face. Each team should include members from both the developer and user community, and represent more than one institution.
Teams? ideas will be presented to the conference and prizes will be awarded based on the nature of the problem, the quality of the solution and the make-up of the team. Find out more at http://www.or2015.net/ideas-challenge/
Please contact the Developer Track Co-Chairs, Adam Field and Claire Knowles at af05v[AT]ecs.soton.ac.uk and claire.knowles[AT]ed.ac.uk for further information.
Adam Field and Claire Knowles
Developer Track Co-Chairs
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...