[EP-tech] Re: How to set a field to be multilang

Guys (and girls),

Any news on multilingual fields? Anybody using them?

Thanks!

George

On 18/06/2015 06:31 μμ, George Mamalakis wrote:
Hello again,

I am trying to make my EPrints installation support multilanguage fields
(eg. title, abstract, etc.). The thing I did that worked (which doesn't
feel right to me, though) was adding a new Metadata field (eg. title_en)
and add it to the database and workflow. On the documentation, on the
other hand, I saw that there is a Multilang field type
(./perl_lib/EPrints/MetaField/Multilang.pm) which should be used for
this purpose. The strange thing is that its perldoc DESCRIPTION section
starts with "not done", probably meaning that it's not implemented?
Disregarding the last comment, when I changed
./archives/myarchive/cfg/cfg.d/eprint_fields.pl title field to read:

{
      name => 'title',
      type => 'multilang',
      input_rows => 3,
      make_single_value_orderkey =>
'EPrints::Extras::english_title_orderkey',
},

and I reloaded epadmin, I got the following error:

"Error in field property for eprint.title: fields on a multilang
metafield can't be undefined"

So, which is the proper way for adding multilanguage support in fields
and display them in workflows?

Thanks for all help in advance!

--
George Mamalakis