[EP-tech] Re: Απάντ: Re: Adding a custom field in abstract (I think :))

Ha!

I meant "Thanks A*l*an", but my hand must have been set on the automatic
pilot...:).

So, yeah, thanks Alan again (and Adam for the video :)), I followed the
very easy step shown on the video and it worked like a charm. It was
much easier than I expected (I thought I had to change the body of the
file, like it was implied in EPrints documentation).

Now, is there also an idea on how to put my new field as a column in the
search results list?

And taking advantage of this misunderstanding (wiki vs video), I don't
know about the rest of you guys, but I have to declare that EPrints
documentation (especially the wiki) needs a lot of cleaning, because
much of available information is way outdated, and misleading, and
people can get easily confused and discouraged. To my idea, such
information has either to be removed, or has to explicitly state at the
beginning that "the following directions DO NOT work for EPrints version
 > x.x.x". I know it's not easy, but something should be done.

I haven't worked with a public wiki before, but if it is easy to do,
just say so, and I'll open an account, in order to edit the wiki-page
and prompt for newer guidelines (eg. videos or mails of this list
through the mailing list archive) whenever I find information mismatch.

Thanks all for the prompt and accurate help once again,

George.

On 21/07/2015 09:14 ??, George Malalakis wrote:

> Thanks Adam,
>
> I'll watch it and try it tomorrow.
>
> --
>
> George Mamalakis
>
> IT and Security Officer,
>
> Electrical & Computer Engineer (Aristotle Un. of Thessaloniki),
>
> PhD (Aristotle Un. of Thessaloniki),
>
> MSc (Imperial College of London)
>
> Dpt. of Electrical & Computer Engineering
>
> Aristotle Un. of Thessaloniki

> *???: *Alan.Stiles

> *????: *eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk;
>
> *????:*[EP-tech] Re: Adding a custom field in abstract (I think :))
>
> Hi George,
> Try following this training video http://wiki.eprints.org/w/Training_Video:Add_A_Field - around 9 minutes in Adam goes through adding the field to the abstract page (http://yourrepodomain/[0-9]+) .  That should help with your main requirement.
>
> Alan

George Mamalakis

IT and Security Officer,