[EP-tech] Re: Per user-group workflow and permissions

Hi George

	There isn't really a way to review changes to records, though this has been discussed a number of times, and that would really be the ideal solution (i.e. let any user suggest changes to any record, and those changes need to have editorial oversight before they're applied).

	I would say that if you want to provide a different piece of functionality, it may be worth looking at writing a new plugin.  I think it should be quite simple if you subclass the EPrint::Edit screen plugin.  You'll need to:

		Create a new workflow file
		Write a 'new' function that called the superclass 'new', and then sets 'appears' and an icon.
		Write a 'can_be_viewed' function that takes your new role and the associated permissions into account.
		Write a 'workflow_id' function, that returns the filename of your new workflow
		Create phrases, and an icon if necessary.

	Check out:

		https://github.com/eprints/eprints/blob/3.3/perl_lib/EPrints/Plugin/Screen/EPrint/Edit.pm#L13
		https://github.com/eprints/eprints/blob/3.3/perl_lib/EPrints/Plugin/Screen/EPrint.pm#L179
		https://github.com/eprints/eprints/blob/3.3/perl_lib/EPrints/Plugin/Screen/EPrint/Edit.pm#L58

	Best Wishes

--
Adam Field
EPrints Services

I am currently not working in the UK.  Due to timezone differences (GMT -9) email responses may take longer.