I had the same problem and I thought it was something I had messed up with my configuration, so I removed SSL support to do my job. So now you're saying that the problem with Chrome and EPrints is that once you login via https and then are trying to access a resource through http, your request is "silently" ignored? Isn't this a bug, of some kind? And how come it doesn't show up in firefox? (I wonder...)

Thanks,
George

On 22/06/2015 07:10 μμ, John Salter wrote:
Also, make sure you're staying on the same protocol - e.g. http or https.
I think that if you log in over https, but end up on a http page, it can look like you're not logged in?

-----Original Message-----
From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Field A.N.
Sent: 22 June 2015 17:02
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Re: problems on chrome and firefox on eprints 3.3.14

Does it make a difference if you erase your cookies?

--
Adam Field
EPrints Services

On 22 Jun 2015, at 16:59, massimo gessa wrote:

Hi all,
I'm new in eprints, I've just installed a 3.3.14 version on a fresh installed ubuntu server.

I've followed this:
http://wiki.eprints.org/w/Installing_EPrints_3_via_apt_%28Debian/Ubuntu%29

No customizations on this installation yet.

After installation every thing works like a charm on firefox, but if I call the same installation from chrome or explorer, i'm not able to log in at all.

I mean, in firefox I'm able to log in and admin the system. If I try to log in using chrome, it does not log me (of course I'm using the same credentials, and if I type wrong credentials I get an error message, but if I type the right ones it does not log).

Any idea? is it a miss configuration on my side,  some sort of bug...or what else?

Tnx in advance, looking forward for a kindly answer

George Mamalakis

IT and Security Officer,
PhD (Aristotle Univ. of Thessaloniki),
MSc (Imperial College of London)