[EP-tech] Re: About compounds

Thank you all for your advice.
I'll try your suggestions.

Have a nice day
.
Gilles

Le 08/07/2014 17:19, Sebastien Francois a écrit :
It's true - in fact authors ("creators", "editors"...) should probably
point to a separate dataset and you could then use the modal thing I've
demo'ed.

But! Given how "creators" is hard-coded all over EPrints, you'll need to
rewrite big chunks of the core for this to work nicely.

I think the compromise solution is to use the "id" bit (so creators_id)
as a reference to another table. That other table can contain extra data
that describes the author.

The danger with adding too many sub-fields is that you're creating an
extra table per sub-field in the DB and as you've noticed, Gilles, this
won't work on workflow/submission form.

Seb.