[EP-tech] About compounds

Hi,

The library staff wants us to describe authors with many fields (internal id number, department, unit, ...).

So we wonder if we can add subfields to existing compounds like creators or editors.
Obviously, we would keep existing subfields unchanged and just add new subfields.
Is it safe to do so ? Or are there risks to break something ?

And, as a side question, I fear that a too big compound will be unusable : in the input form, we will get a table with many columns, which will probably be larger than the screen width. Is there a way to have the subfields use several rows ?

Regards,
GF

(we use eprints 3.3.12)