[EP-tech] Re: IRstats and citations

You are right, it's not the way people usually find stuff! Furthermore there will be clear direction to the full eprint anyway so  hopefully if someone does use this method they'll end up on the summary page view anyway.

David

From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Sebastien Francois
Sent: 13 January 2014 14:47
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Re: IRstats and citations

Hi David,

A question worth wondering - how many people actually "browse" to find some research/publications? I doubt many do. I think most people will come to a repository / perhaps even the end-file (document) directly via Google/other search engines.

Also I reckon that the "document download" metric is more important than the "summary page view" - you won't lose the former using your lightbox-y display.

Seb.