[EP-tech] IRstats and citations

Hi all,
        I'm in the process of working out a new them for our repositories. One of the things I'd like to do is have a sort of 'quick view' of an eprint using a lightbox. I'm using ajax to load the front page which has a list of the last added eprints. This is easy enough using a new citation type to create the list with lightbox links on it, but I'm worried that this would become the easy way for users to browse eprints, and we'd lose stats as users wouldn't be opening the actual pages. Any ideas on if this is an actual problem and if so is there a solution?

Thanks,

David McElroy
Research Data Management Officer

University of East London