[EP-tech] Re: Conversion of images, videos into preview/thumbnail versions

Thanks for your reply Jiadi, but I think all my tables are already utf8,
it is only /default_character_set_name/ that is /latin1/.

All tables show /utf8_general_ci/ in the column /Collation/ when I run
/show table status from eprints_db_name;
/
That is why, I'm guessing I only need to run ALTER DATABASE
eprints_db_name CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;

It is not clear to me if you missed that piece of information or if I
will need to convert all the tables anyway. Could you please clarify that?

Sorry for bugging you again. All the best!
/Jacob