[EP-tech] Re: Conversion of images, videos into preview/thumbnail versions

Thanks a lot for clearing that up.

My columns are /not/ "latin1" though.

*SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM **/tablename/**; *shows "utf8_bin" on all
tables. Even on tables created by Bazar Packages I have just recently
installed.

/Only/ *SELECT default_character_set_name FROM
information_schema.SCHEMATA WHERE schema_name = "eprints_db_name";*
shows "latin1", and I generally don't have many coalition problems. ?, ?
and ? displays fine on the site, and they are accepted in searches (just
not in file names).

I guess I will just have to try my way forward, but I'm always worried
to mess things up, when I edit the "information_schema" db.

Thank you for all your time, and sorry for being a bit slow :)

Have a nice day!
/Jacob