[EP-tech] {Suspected SPAM} Re: {Suspected SPAM} Re: Error calling df: Cannot allocate memory

I agree with David. It depends much on how much traffic you have (open Apache subprocesses) and if there are other applications running besides EPrints  (e.g. database, coversheet generation). Cron jobs, e.g. for views generation, may also be very memory intensive. Also, remaining RAM may be used up for caching files. 2 GB RAM is not much – we run our test EPrints servers on 4 GB.

Our production environment (large repo with 180K eprints in the archive, 900k documents) is as follows:

2 load balanced Web servers with 32 GB RAM each.

1 compute server with 32GB RAM for all cron jobs (e.g. views creation) and indexing.

Database on separate primary/replica servers.

And, not typical for EPrints, a few separate servers for our Elasticsearch implementation.

Kind regards,

Martin

--

Dr. Martin Brändle