[EP-tech] Upgrading to 3.4.3 - an experience

Hello,

Just wanted to share my experience upgrading from version 3.4.2 to 3.4.3, in case it's useful to anyone.

I run EPrints on an Ubuntu server, and http://deb.eprints-hosting.org/3.4/stable/ is in my PPA. Over the weekend I did the usual update/upgrade tasks via the command line, and I noticed that there was a new version of EPrints. I installed it and ran '/bin/epadmin upgrade <repository>' as advised at the end of the install. Everything seemed okay on the command line (unless I overlooked some piece of advice), but I couldn't sign into the EPrints site with any of my accounts -- I got 'Incorrect username or password' every time. Thankfully '/bin/epadmin update <repository>' sorted things out.

Best wishes,
Ravi