Re: [EP-tech] thesis type

Hi Mary,

I just noticed that the phrase id should be eprint_fieldopt_thesis_type_engd (not eprints).

Also what Andy said in his reply might be somewhat applicable.  Over time there has been some conflation about the thesis_type and thesis_name fields.  Originally the former was to define the level of qualification (e.g. masters, doctoral, post-doctoral) and thesis_name was intended for the name of the qualification (e.g. PhD, EngD, MSc, MBA, etc.).  It looks like you field is labelled "Thesis Type" but the options look to be more similar to those that you would find in thesis_name.  Maybe you have both fields defined but only thesis_type enabled (i.e. in the eprint workflow) and someone has modified the options to make them more like thesis_name.  This should become apparent when you look at eprint_fields.pl.

I have assumed you are running EPrints version 3.3.x.  If you are running EPrints 3.4.x then things might be a little bit more complicated.

Regards

David Newman