Re: [EP-tech] EPrints and website subdomains

Hi Norbert,

Thanks for your response and advice. I went for a "wildcard" certificate which from what I understand will allow me to cover everything under *.example.com. My understanding and reality might not match up exactly...

The output of apache2ctl -S is:

VirtualHost configuration:
*:443                  premier-textiles-enquiries.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/premier-textiles-enquiries.com-le-ssl.conf:6)
*:80                   is a NameVirtualHost
         default server localhost.localdomain (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost localhost.localdomain (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost eprints.premier-textiles-enquiries.com (/usr/share/eprints/cfg/apache/kerwin_repo.conf:9)
         port 80 namevhost eprints.premier-textiles-enquiries.com (/usr/share/eprints/cfg/apache/kerwin_repo.conf:17)
         port 80 namevhost premier-textiles-enquiries (/usr/share/eprints/cfg/apache/kerwinrepo.conf:9)
         port 80 namevhost premier-textiles-enquiries.com (/usr/share/eprints/cfg/apache/kerwinrepo.conf:15)
         port 80 namevhost premier-textiles-enquiries.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/premier-textiles-enquiries.com-le-ssl.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost www.premier-textiles-enquiries.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/premier-textiles-enquiries.com.conf:1)
ServerRoot: "/etc/apache2"
Main DocumentRoot: "/var/www/html"
Main ErrorLog: "/var/log/apache2/error.log"
Mutex ssl-stapling: using_defaults
Mutex ssl-cache: using_defaults
Mutex default: dir="/var/lock/apache2" mechanism=fcntl
Mutex mpm-accept: using_defaults
Mutex watchdog-callback: using_defaults
Mutex rewrite-map: using_defaults
Mutex ssl-stapling-refresh: using_defaults
PidFile: "/var/run/apache2/apache2.pid"
Define: DUMP_VHOSTS
Define: DUMP_RUN_CFG
Define: MODPERL2
User: name="www-data" id=33
Group: name="www-data" id=33

kerwin_repo is my main archive. kerwinrepo was an archive I set up totally incorrectly and doesn't matter. I think I may disable the eprints conf and go back to basics with this. I should also add that the url is meaningless, it just so happened that this was the only spare functioning one I had when I started.

Thanks,
James