From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of John Salter via Eprints-tech
Sent: 13 August 2019 08:21
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk; satish mv <eprints.gechassan@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [EP-tech] how to display total number publications in eprints reporsitory

Hi Satish,
I don't think there's a way to do this in a default install, although it can be done.

The home page is a static document.
The easiest way to achieve this might be to include a total via _javascript_. You would have to write a simple cgi script to pull the data out of the database.

An alternative way would be to create an EPScript method to provide the data.

I'm trying to find a couple of similar examples to point you in the right direction.
I think the 'Kultur' EPrints extension has some thing similar.
I'll send another email with some more detail later today!

And welcome to EPrints!