[EP-tech] Google Docs API and Perl/EPrints

Hi All,

I am curious to know if any of you have attempted installing:

Net::Google::Spreadsheets::V4

I would be even more curious if you had succeeded! I've been trying to
install it on a "spare" server for a few days and I've finally given up
this afternoon.

My next question is... Is there anything inherently wrong with using Python
for some tasks where Perl makes things difficult?

At the moment I have a button that retrieves data from the EPrints database
and saves it to a CSV file. I did want to make it so that Perl sent the
data to an existing google docs spreadsheet. Now that appears to not be an
option I'm thinking of using Python and the very nice Google API to do the
final bit (sending data to the google sheet).

Thanks,
James