Re: [EP-tech] Upload by URL floods /tmp

Temp file management varies; RHEL/Fedora have been deleting temp files for a long time, Debian hasn’t ever gone that route.

RHEL automatically runs tmpwatch

The equivalent on Debian appears to be tmp reaper; though considering it hasn’t had an update in 8 years it seems a ‘buyer beware’ situation.

MailScanner has detected a possible fraud attempt from "emea01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com" claiming to be https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=tmpreaper

I suggest systems-tmpfiles may be a better management mechanism for newer systems, and may be directly applicable to Yuri’s comment below

On a related note, I’ve just discovered that eprints calls wget directly, which I wasn’t expecting.
karl.