The thing I'm aiming to do with them is just make them collapsed when the page loads. Fortunately I was asked to make the boxes expanded by default for my recent tasks, but it's only a matter of time before I have to make one that defaults the non-default way so I'm trying to get ahead of the curve.

Thanks,
James

On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 4:11 PM Alan.Stiles <alan.stiles@open.ac.uk> wrote:

Hi James,

Certainly don’t change things under /opt/eprints3/perl_lib/  - that’s just making a rod for future you’s back!

Have you seen the training bits on the wiki?  e.g. https://wiki.eprints.org/w/Training_Video:Technical_Orientation

It kind of depends on what you want to change, but essentially you can override existing functions within local archive directory, or even create your own functionality to extend the basic options and that would make your life a lot simpler for future upgrades!

Alan

From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of James Kerwin via Eprints-tech
Sent: 06 September 2018 15:55
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Front End/JacaScript

Hello,

It's me again (sorry). I'm trying to get to grips with the EPrints front end this week.

I've managed to find (hopefully) all of the autoloading _javascript_ and CSS files and managed to make a couple of my own in my repository directories.

I was looking today at how these boxes work (any collapse/expand box in EPrints):

image.png

When I inspect the "+" symbol in chrome it takes me to an element with this:

<a class="ep_box_collapse_link" _onclick_="EPJS_blur(event); EPJS_toggleSlideScroll('ep_summary_box_5254_content',false,'ep_summary_box_5254');EPJS_toggle('ep_summary_box_5254_colbar',true);EPJS_toggle('ep_summary_box_5254_bar',false);return false" href="" alt="+" src="" border="0"> CORE (COnnecting REpositories)</a>

A quick google points me to this file in Eprints:

/opt/eprints3/perl_lib/EPrints/Box.pm

Can anybody advise me, or point me to some guidance, on how I would alter the behaviour of this piece of _javascript_? I'm not certain, but I'm about 99% sure that I don't edit Box.pm at this location.

This isn't particularly urgent, I'm just trying to learn how it works.

Thanks,

James

-- The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt charity in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302). The Open University is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in relation to its secondary activity of credit broking.

PNG image

PNG image