[EP-tech] ORCID Support Advance Update

Hi Everyone,

A couple of minor updates have been applied to the ORCID Support Advance
plugin, bringing it up to version 1.3.2.

The updates are only very minor, fixing issues where the plugin was
generating a few too many messages in the indexer and error logs. A
Change Log documenting these most recent changes is available at
https://wiki.eprints.org/w/ORCID_Support

Regarding the discussion a couple of emails above in the EP-Tech list
("Import by DOI in ORCID plugin"), a new DOI imported that takes ORCIDs
into account is not available at present. Due to the requirements that
the ORCID field must be readonly when connected to the member API so
that ORCIDs can only be added via an authoritative source, the ORCID
field that is added to the creator/editor tables cannot be edited.
Therefore to stop values from being entered, which then later cannot be
removed, the ORCID field uses the creator/editor 'Email' column to
lookup user profiles in the repository that have connected to orcid.org
so that the creator/editor ORCID field can be verified. As such any
ORCID added via a DOI import, might then be erased if the user profile
lookup cannot be made.

This is an issue we're looking into resolving however and so hopefully
we should have some updates on it in the future!

Many thanks,

Will