Re: [EP-tech] ORCID Support Advance Update

I have read Will's answer such that ORCID wants that (A) the field is readonly and therefore (B) there is no DOI lookup during ORCID import. I haven't read that (B) is something ORCID wants. It was rather argued that this follows from (A), but this implication is what I disagree.

AFAIS the old Import From ORCID plugin does also use a DOI lookup and relies only the public API: http://wiki.eprints.org/w/ImportFromORCID . It should be that more is possible with access to the member API.

Alan, I have seen different colors for validated/non-validated ORCIDs in DBLP, e.g. [1] vs. [2], but have in mind that they are no ORCID member.

Best regards,
Philipp

[1] http://dblp.uni-trier.de/pers/hd/b/Bizer:Christian
[2] http://dblp.uni-trier.de/pers/hd/b/Baierer:Konstantin