Re: [EP-tech] ORCID Support Advance Update

Hi Will,

thank you for the new version and fixing two issues thereby.

I don't understand your argumentation for not using a DOI lookup during the import from ORCID process. The data in Crossref which includes some ORCIDs will already have been authorized by the author(s), otherwise the ORCIDs would not be part of Crossref data. Thereby, I see no reason that the users have to authorize again in the repository. I also see no reason why a user want to (manually) replace an ORCID coming from Crossref. Is there a realistic scenario for that? However, even besides the ORCID information, the other bibliographic data from Crossref is much better than the one which can be imported by orcid.org only. Can you reconsider the availability of an DOI import for the ORCID plugin?

Best regards,
Philipp