[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EP-tech] Problem in file uploading for new deposits after configuring https
- Subject: [EP-tech] Problem in file uploading for new deposits after configuring https
- From: anbeeken at lincoln.ac.uk (Andrew Beeken)
- Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2018 08:14:31 +0000
- In-reply-to: <EMEW3|79c7e6afc6eab991213f7f79091471aeu3F89w14eprints-tech-bounces|ecs.soton.ac.uk|CAGeUFpGOi16y_Jo_UArOo5beWpME06y8vXqeWS=+tFDjepwbCg@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CAGeUFpGOi16y_Jo_UArOo5beWpME06y8vXqeWS=+tFDjepwbCg@mail.gmail.com> <CAGeUFpGOi16y_Jo_UArOo5beWpME06y8vXqeWS=+tFDjepwbCg@mail.gmail.com> <EMEW3|79c7e6afc6eab991213f7f79091471aeu3F89w14eprints-tech-bounces|ecs.soton.ac.uk|CAGeUFpGOi16y_Jo_UArOo5beWpME06y8vXqeWS=+tFDjepwbCg@mail.gmail.com> <DB6PR0601MB25365891C1B562F7006BB6FE8EB70@DB6PR0601MB2536.eurprd06.prod.outlook.com>
Is it only PDF documents that you're having problems with? When I migrated a repository last year, I had an issue where no documents would upload. I finally tracked it down to the counters table in the database being out of sync with the ID's in the files table.
Hope that helps!
From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Shivaram Gowda
Sent: 16 April 2018 08:09
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Problem in file uploading for new deposits after configuring https
Recently I upgraded my repository from Eprints 3.0 to Eprints 3.3.15 on Ubuntu 16.04 server edition, upgrade was successful. Also configures https and WAF (web application firewall) for Eprints to check vulnerability risks (Stored Cross Site Scripting, Cross Site Request Forgery, Session Fixation etc) & restricted file uploads to .pdf, docx, .pptx.
Now when I tried to deposit new documents it is working fine except file upload features. When I upload .pdf file it blinks and returns to upload page without uploading document.
I am able to upload .pdf files to documents deposited earlier (before configuring https & Waf)
Looking forward for suggestions
Govt. of India (Autonomous)
HAL Airport Road
*** Options: http://mailman.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/eprints-tech
*** Archive: http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/
*** EPrints community wiki: http://wiki.eprints.org/
*** EPrints developers Forum: http://forum.eprints.org/
The University of Lincoln, located in the heart of the city of Lincoln, has established an international reputation based on high student satisfaction, excellent graduate employment and world-class research.
The information in this e-mail and any attachments may be confidential. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately and remove it from your system. Do not disclose the contents to another person or take copies.
Email is not secure and may contain viruses. The University of Lincoln makes every effort to ensure email is sent without viruses, but cannot guarantee this and recommends recipients take appropriate precautions.
The University may monitor email traffic data and content in accordance with its policies and English law. Further information can be found at: http://www.lincoln.ac.uk/legal.