From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of David R Newman
Sent: 14 December 2017 16:10
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: Re: [EP-tech] EPrints Database entity relationship diagram

Hi Andrew,

I am not aware of one and they would vary between repositories sufficiently significantly that you would need a tool to produce one rather than having one ER diagram for all repositories.  You may be able to generate something comparable from the XML schema at:

https://eprints.lincoln.ac.uk/cgi/schema

It may also be possible to run a tool against the database directly.
 Something like http://search.cpan.org/dist/SQL-Translator/script/sqlt-
diagram will probably do the job.  However, I do not know how well the relationships between tables (i.e. foreign keys) have been defined.  So  you may just see a load of unassociated tables.  As the linking of tables is managed for the Perl-coded EPrints API.

Regards

David Newman

On Thu, 2017-12-14 at 15:48 +0000, Andrew Beeken wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Is there an entity relationship diagram available for the EPrints
> database? I’ve been asked by our databases team if I can provide one
> and I don’t particularly relish the idea of drawing one up myself!
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Andrew
>

> The University of Lincoln, located in the heart of the city of
> Lincoln, has established an international reputation based on high
> student satisfaction, excellent graduate employment and world-class
> research.
>
> The information in this e-mail and any attachments may be
> confidential. If you have received this email in error please notify
> the sender immediately and remove it from your system. Do not disclose
> the contents to another person or take copies.
>
> Email is not secure and may contain viruses. The University of Lincoln
> makes every effort to ensure email is sent without viruses, but cannot
> guarantee this and recommends recipients take appropriate precautions.
>
> The University may monitor email traffic data and content in
> accordance with its policies and English law. Further information can
> be found at: http://www.lincoln.ac.uk/legal.
> tech
-- The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt charity in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302). The Open University is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in relation to its secondary activity of credit broking.