[EP-tech] Unknown entries in creator browse

Matthew ? you possibly also want to be checking metadata_visibility = ?show? (from eprint table) in your SQL, although I suspect the ?replacedby IS NULL? will do pretty much the same thing.
Andrew ? happy to share some more details if you want.

From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Matthew Kerwin
Sent: 14 September 2017 07:29
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: Re: [EP-tech] Unknown entries in creator browse

On 13 September 2017 at 22:15, Andrew Beeken <anbeeken at lincoln.ac.uk<mailto:anbeeken at lincoln.ac.uk>> wrote:
Hi Matthew ? this looks like the kind of solution we?re after! Your fix for multiple fields hasn?t done the trick so would you be able to share your hack for the fieldlist_sizes function? I?ve taken a look and I?m really not sure what I need to change. This isn?t a mega issue, just more of an annoyance, but I do want to get it cleaned up!

Thanks!
Andrew

?It is not a graceful solution.  To be honest, it probably makes more sense to use Alan's suggestion and prune the NULL values in the grouping function, though that does mean fetching more values from the database than you need and processing them in perl.

If this is the path you want to go down, I've chucked the relevant bits into a gist: https://gist.github.com/phluid61/4a4e2da2c20c299c9dc39005ef65b654

Hopefully you can work out what to do with it from that.

Cheers
--
  Matthew Kerwin
  http://matthew.kerwin.net.au/