[EP-tech] Question about REST API, review items under EPrint 3.3

I have a repository running under EPrints 3.3 where I have configured
access to the REST API.  I am interested in using this API to access a list
of EPrint records that are in the review queue so I can integrate some of
that content with an external system.  My hunch is I have a configuration
issue (I can read processed/public EPrint records fine but not those with a
review status). Has anyone used the REST API to harvest the records that
are under review?  Does the REST API support this?

All the best,

Robert