Re: [EP-tech] Citation on raw db-field value?!

Hi,

I think "as_string" may be what you are looking for.

From https://wiki.eprints.org/w/New_Features_in_EPrints_3.1#VALUE.as_string.28.29
VALUE.as_string()

This strips any EPrints MetaField type from the value and returns a plain STRING. This is used to suppress the normal render function. So that, for example, a value from a set field will be printed as the database value, rather than the phrase associated with it.

Hope this helps
GF