[EP-tech] OR2017 Technical Track Submissions Close 30th November Midnight

-- Apologies for cross-posting --

Open Repositories 2017 Technical Track: 26th - 30th June, Brisbane

The OR2017 submission deadline is earlier than usual this year, and is fast approaching.

The technical track is a forum to present anything that is of interest to us, the repositories community.  If you think it’s worth saying, then we almost certainly will want to hear it.  It is an opportunity to network, showcase your work, and learn from your peers.

Be part of the Technical Track in 3 easy steps:

*** 1 *** Decide what to talk about.

Are you good at something?  What has recently blown your mind and changed the way you work?  Have you climbed a mountain, swum an ocean or made it into space (metaphorically or otherwise)?  What tools and technologies can’t you live without?  What do you want to share with your peers?

Take us behind the glossy presentation layer to the nuts and bolts.

*** 3 *** Submit a short abstract

As members of the technical community, we understand that you don’t get a lot of time to prepare things like conference submissions.  Spend a few minutes writing a paragraph or two outlining what you’ll do/say. Think of a title (catchy or otherwise).

A handy template for your submission is available at http://or2017.net/call-for-proposals/

Submit using conftool at https://www.conftool.net/or2017/

*** 3 *** Present and answer a few questions

On the day, you’ll have up to 20 minutes to present in any way you like, though we discourage polished Powerpoint presentations. We had 5 conference sessions in 2016, with live demos, ranting developers, and in-depth exploration of technologies.  We were so popular we needed to move to bigger rooms!

If you will require any assistance, have any special requirements for your presentation, or have any questions, contact the co-chairs:

Developer Track Co-Chairs

                Adam Field, adam.field@jisc.ac.uk

                Claire Knowles, claire.knowles@ed.ac.uk

                Sam Searle, samantha.searle@griffith.edu.au

                Heather Todd, h.todd@library.uq.edu.au

Submission Deadline: Midnight GMT 30th November 2016.

Submit via http://or2017.net/submissions/  where you can also find out more about the Open Repositories Conference.

isc

Adam Field
SHERPA services analyst developer